Sunday, June 17, 2007

budgeting the expenses

I'm sitting around like a bum on this lazy & hot Sunday afternoon. I basically haven't left the house in 2 days. And no I am not agoraphobic... I'm just soakin' up some of this AC. I am in summer school and it feels wonderful to not take about 4 classes a day, not to work like a beast... it feels wonderful not going to bed until 4am because of exams and waking up to a peaceful day. I'm am basking in life's "little things" because I'm ignoring the fact I have a sink full of dishes and last semester's work all over my apartment.

... I told you it is a lazy Sunday. Anyhoo...

So just the other day I received not 1 but 2 invites to my friend's big events. One is having an engagement party and my other friend is having a baby shower. I am so happy for the both of them but they couldn't have waited to this LAST year when I wasn't caring about my spending habits... but now comes the challenge. How creative can I get on a budget? I never had to do it before... I would always get my friends the best gifts. I'm going to search around and see what I find.

I am a graphic designer so I know I can save about $6 if I design the greeting cards myself. No big thang!

Last night to save on an $119 expense, I decided not to renew and close my domain accounts. I had two websites that I designed last year. I got a great discount: register for 2 domains was free and I only had to pay for the hosting. This month was my time to renew but I "ext-nayed" it, got a blogger and found other sites to host my art work.

My lazy Sunday won't continue after 4pm. I'm gonna go tackle those dishes and do yoga.

2 comments:

krystalatwork said...

Why don't you design a baby book for your friend's shower? Then you can print it out with some nice paper and bind it! That would save some money if you're willing to put in the time and effort!

ms.voad said...

Thanks for your suggestion krystal. Much appreciated.

Powered By Blogger