Monday, June 18, 2007

new budget

Update: 05:15pm send off permanent opt-out forms

I am practicing restraint! I am 2 checks away from finishing my book... I saw these personal Hello Kitty checks...

and the only thing that is holding me back is my plan to practice a budget beginning June 29 and the fact that I can use my bank's online bill pay instead of writing a check. I want to get the bonus buy single set that cost $36. But $36 for checks plus you have to mail them out with the new $.41 stamps. I will be spending more than I am saving. If I look at it like that then I can avoid debiting the $36 but the checks are just too cute. What do you all think? Leave a comment.

This brings up my disappointment today, applied for a Visa with a comapany last week... was denied. I called and they told me over the phone. I expected that and am not saddened by it because it motivates me to keep on my path so later I will be like, "I told you (company) that you would give me this card sooner rather than later." I thanked the representative for her time but told her that it is no big deal.

I can't wait to start budgeting... I know that budgeting for some people is a buzz killer. But with my newly acquired, high tech Excel spreadsheet, there won't be a penny unaccounted for. I will be using the monies from my paychecks for income, I have money set aside for debt. And the more debt I pay down (as well as budget), the more it will free up money to save.

3 comments:

NIUiceprincess said...

those checks are too cute !I am a hello kitty fan myself, but i think the checks are expensive. i'm sure you can find cheaper designs elsewhere, but they probably be won't hello kitty =(

also why don't you start paying bills online, so you won't have to pay for stamps? some bills can't be paid online like rent and utilities but for your credit cards, I suggest you do that if you haven't done so already =)

p.s. my checks at the moment are panda pictures.they are lasting awhile since the only checks i write now are to my mom and sister.

ms.voad said...

I know.. I know... they are so cute though.

I am even thinking that maybe I don't need the huge bonus pack with free shipping.

I can just get the single box of checks for $10.99. You have no idea, I am so tempted though.. seeing how long I can hold out

NIU, I think I only used online bill pay once, I will definitely will try it with my next round of bills. hhhmmm I guess I am being stubborn and I don't want to be talked out of buying these cute checks but there is alway something else I can save my money on.

krystalatwork said...

Agreed with NIUiceprincess - I pay all my bills online and it's so much easier to manage than to have to send a cheque off every month.

You might want to inquire about getting free cheques with your account, or see if other banks offer that deal, and then see if your bank will do the same? My new chequing account is unlimited transactions and FREE cheques with no monthly fees.

My old bank charged me $4/month for monthly account fees, and something like $17 for cheques.

Maybe there's something like that at a bank you can join?

Powered By Blogger