Tuesday, June 19, 2007

today is a good day

Today is a good day... I got an email from American Airlines stating that they are sending my boyfriend and I both $100 voucher for our major inconvience while using their services to go to Miami last month! Damn straight!

And I just opened my (online) bank statement and it says that I have a credit from my university for $500. We have a incentive program, if you graduate in 4 years you can apply and receive a $500 check! Well guess what?! Come this August I am out of here, walking across that stage and finished in 4!

I love my ING savings account and that is why I want to share it with all of you. No hassle savings and checking, and what could be even better than the bank writing and mailing your checks for you. Open an INGDirect Savings account with $250 and earn $25 (this is not a scam), email me at msvoad[at]gmail.com so I can send you the promo email. You'll love this! Stop letting your money sit in a checking account without APY and email me.

.... no this is not sponsored!

Update: 04:02pm And to take my mind off of the fact that I nexted my cable and internet and I am living with 4 channels... yes.... 4 channels. .. I did pass my all essay exam on marketing channels (zzZZzzzz) with an 89%. God is the best, because I definitely did some praying before I walked in with my #2 pencil. AND to reward myself, I should place an order for those checks mentioned in the post below.... *runs to go read Krystal's and NIU's comments*

9 comments:

Dimples said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dimples said...

Your school PAID you for graduating in 4 years?!? Are you serious? Wow. My university purposely tried to keep us from graduating in 4 years by only offering required courses every other year. The longer we stayed the more money they made. LOL. That rhymed! So what you gonna do with your new monies? Is the AA voucher a check you can cash or $$ that can only be used towards a plane ticket with them?

Anonymous said...

Shoot I wish my school gave money back. I would have liked to have that. But then again. I didn't graduate in 4 years. 5th year senior here. Congrats on doing it in four. I say that if you want the checks that would be a good treat. shoot I got scooby checks and I barely use the account anymore. But I love writing my checks out when I do (they are usually to myself for cash :O).

ms.voad said...

D.C., Girl I know... when I first heard about it I thought there was some sort of catch, that maybe they don't "Really" cut you a check and they just apply to whatever balance you owe them at the time. BUT nope, its true. I don't know who is sponsoring this scholarship but hey I had to take advantage.

Dimples, some how the school has to profit from giving away this "free" money but hey it works for me. I am all about getting as much money as I can from my university... seeing as how much money they have taken from me.
The AA voucher is being sent in the mail but I dont think that it is cashable ... probably to use toward another trip. Oh well, that bastard better not expire!

ms.voad said...

Last night.. well this morning at 2am I was two clicks away from ordering that check package. I just really hate to be without checks. I need to make my mind up quick fast.

Wooly Woman said...

Woohoo, money coming in always makes my day too! Good for you to finish your degree in 4- it took me 7! Which meant I did not qualify for any rebate on my student loans :(

We have ING in Canada too but it seems to lag a little compared to the US- lower interest rates on their savings accounts and we still do not have the checking option. Hope it comes this way though!

NIUiceprincess said...

$500 for graduating in four years! wow. NIU sure didn't have that! Although even if they did, I wouldn't qualify as I took 4 1/2 years...lol

Good for you though!

Louise said...

Wow that is great to get the $500! I use ING also it is a good option with one of the best interest rates on low balances at the moment. I am enjoying your blog, good luck with your goal!

ms.voad said...

thanks louise ING is the business!

Powered By Blogger