Saturday, June 23, 2007

making that first step

Hmmm I have gotten many things accomplished since I have stepped away from updating this blog. First and foremost, I applied for my first "real" job today... It is basically the exact line of work that I do at my internship now but instead of making minimum wage.. I will be starting with a salary that is to die for (for entry-level) and will be applying to several more opportunities by Monday. My fall-back option (clothing retail boutique) phoned me today and said that she has received my resume and will be reviewing it shortly. I think this lady has a crush on my brother who is also into clothing retail, and if so... I'm in there. I don't think I am made to do clothing retail as a career but it would be so cool to work at this boutique though. Besides... she needs a website PROMO The store is no bigger than my closet! Seriously! 2 racks, 1 shelf and a desk, but the girl knows what she is doing and the style of clothes there are hawt. Best case scenario: part time.

I also have verified my info for a new c.c. Yay! time to start building some tradelines. I will be sending off for my secured card as well, no later than next Saturday. My primary bank is not in the area where I go to school, so I went to a local bank today and the customer service said that a money order or cashier's check is about $5. I just turned my happy ass back around and said 'no thank you'! I will wait. They must have been smoking crack!

I'm so happy because this company that I willingly put down $250 down payment for their product has emailed me (back and forth) and said they will be mailing me the refund! Well it is about damn time! It's hard to find good customer service these days!! But I'm doing the band-stand-happy-dance so I can drag and drop that into my savings.

Update: 'nother $100 towards my savings! woo hoo. I'll holla dollas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what I am talking about. Go for what you majored in. I took alot of jobs and just recently got somewhere where I am proud to say I work.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job hunt:)

ms.voad said...

Hey Nomorespending...
Thanks so much. I added.

D.C.
Yeah I just came from the book store, looking at ways to job hunt, interview, negotiate. My motivation definitely came from this blog and my readers, like you... thanks hun.

NIUiceprincess said...

You are doing great! Keep it up...and good luck on the job hunt!

Powered By Blogger