Monday, June 25, 2007

Girl, Make Your Money Grow

I just finished reading Girl Make Your Money Grow by Glinda Bridgforth and Gail Perry-Mason. I enjoyed the stories that they told and the exercises after each chapter. It reminds me more of a book to motivate you than tell you all the ins and outs of investing. Now I am on to The Wall Street Journal and Smart Women Finish Rich. I can all ready say that David Back's book has too much dialogue in it for me, but seeing as how I am starting out I'll take any thing I can get my hands on.

I'm also looking into some ways I can maximize some extra income. Some do PPP, but my blog isn't over 90 days yet. Another site I have been looking into was Cashduck. I'm sure many of my readers have the answer and you also get some sort of incentive if you refer me.... so leave a comment.

7 comments:

Dimples said...

David Bach is a good read. I am half way through it. Read yours and maybe we can compare notes. It's interesting hearing a man's perspective on the whole women and money topic.

ms.voad said...

Yeah, I believe I am on chapter 3... I had a minor set back last night, I was working on job applications but I will definitely let you know when I am fini!

krystalatwork said...

You can always use me as a referral once you sign up for PPP! ;) (the link is on my sidebar on my website)

But truthfully, PPP is a great way to earn extra income. I want to do Cashduck a lot, but it's only for Americans. Boo!

Anonymous said...

Ms. voad,

I hear you Glinda Bridgeforth looks more at the psychology of spending. David Bach just talks you to death. I have three of his books. I am the queen of personal finance books.

ms.voad said...

D.C.... I couldn't even do a full chapter of him (Bach) last night... everytime I thought I was about to read something juicy, and have an AH-HA! moment, he'll be like... My client ... such-n-such and goes on for about 4 pages. I don't know about this one.

NIUiceprincess said...

I've looked into filling out surveys for money like Pine Cone or SurveySavvy, but i think they only have limited "slots". It's not open registration like PPP...does anyone here know how to get in on that?

SavingDiva said...

I like PineCone and Panda Research.

Powered By Blogger