Tuesday, July 17, 2007

one step towards mankind

Yesterday my fian and I got our first card together... Sam's Club membership. It is a start! I was so excited too but I took the worst picture! Oh well. I thought a membership to Sam's Club was sooooooo exclusive but they said they can sign us up right then and there. And we got 2 free soccer balls for signing up. I love window shopping at Sam's.. Therefore I put a "wish"list on my blog for the items I want to purchase from there for our place.

I was up till 2am last night packing! I just found out instead of being packed and ready to go by August 4... I have until this Friday to get my s#$%^ together. I am tired and definitely don't want to be at work or go to class. I am half anxious/excited to be moving. At first I was terrified yall but the new and unknown has me excited.

I am still waiting by the mail for BofA to send and report my card. I'm not holding my breath though... they are a little on the slow side, if you know what I mean.

By the way, fian and I have yet to "set a date" after the engagement. I have to get graduated and get a job and we both have to get moved!

4 comments:

SavingDiva said...

I can't imagine having a joint account...especially with my boyfriend...Not like he would do anything horrible...but I wouldn't want to admit to what I had purchased! I would want my case of Nutella to be a secret!

krystalatwork said...

tee hee, I'm like SavingDiva ... I would never want to have a joint account with the BF, because then he'd know exactly what I'm spending my money on!

That being said, I did have a joint account with an ex-BF a few years ago, and it was a good way to keep track of all of our finances in one place.

ms.voad said...

I agree and I think I should have added that it will be a joint account for our joint bills and not personal expenses.. like Krystal said it keeps the finances in one place. I don't know the best way to work out our finances yet... and he rather I pay the bills which works for me because I am responsible when it comes to that. But I'll have to think about it some more..

NIUiceprincess said...

My DF and I did a 2 year engagement, so it took awhile for us to set our date too! I think the wait was worth it because it enabled us to save up and buy a condo, save up for the wedding where we don't need much help from our parents. People were like, "then why did you get engaged them if you are gonna wait?" Since when was there a rule ????

When we get married we are gonna have a joint checking acct for house expenses/bills, a joint savings account, and hten individual checking accounts for discretionary spending.

Powered By Blogger