Tuesday, July 10, 2007

from scratch

Well I had to go toe-to-toe with Bank of America yesterday, the thing is, on June 30 I was strolling around looking at all the things I shouldn't buy when it dawned on me to inquire about getting a secured credit card with one of the local banks. I finally ended up at Bank of America (BofA for short), I told the personal banker what my goals are and he was quick to sign me up and even tried to push the Bank America checking account. So we sat down he entered all my information in the computer ans said YES! I qualify for a secured credit card. So I gave the man my money order and he said I should have a card in the mail in about 10 days, well no less than 7 days later... I get a denied letter stating you were denied for the credit line that you were seeking but you have been PRE-APPROVED for a SECURED CREDIT CARD! I'm thinking to myself, are they smoking crack? I just applied and gave BofA my money and you told me I was denied and yet pre-approved for the same card AND not only that, they pulled my credit report 4 times AND not only that my funds were deposited into a savings account meaning that I have no card with them but they made sure I signed up for their savings account by default!

In my fury, I called the customer service 888 number and the slow woman on the other end said... oh well if you don't want the card just go into a local branch and you will have to cancel the account. I hung up on her. I felt an injustice in my bones. I called the banker that I opened up the account with, got on my soap box and started spitting everything out. He was like hold on, hold on, let me get your name, SSN and phone # and I will call you right back. Well by the end of the day (6pm) he called me and said, ohhh ms.voad don't worry what happens is: (listen to this yall) no matter what card you are applying for with BofA, they input all your information into a general application and whatever you get approved for is what they send you in the mail. He said ms.voad your information was entered as a general application and you were only pre-approved for the secured card...well duh!

So he told me that he will pull the money out of my savings account, write a cashier's check for the card and I should receive the card in 10 days (I won't hold my breath this time but it sounds good). Ok that last part was kinda bad, he did seem very apologetic about how everything happened but was assured that I will have to do nothing except sit by the mail box and wait for my card. Low-and-behold, I checked my BofA account today and it said that a deposit was done from BofA. So I should be all good.

When I tell yall I am starting from scratch I am really starting from scratch... it may not have hit what some may call rock bottom but I'm willing to climb my way to the top. Baby steps yall!

income-ing: well I am extremely excited. I have been receiving little spurts of income, first something that I thought I wanted I put a non-refundable deposit down back in March-ish... I thought all hope was lost until I decided not to pay the remaining balance and write the company an email saying that I didn't want their product, they thanked me for my business and yesterday I got my refund in the mail- $250! I just check my online earnings for this pay period and it seems I am getting two checks deposited into my account for payday, DON'T TELL NO BODY! and I'm getting a refund back from the bank- $49, and one uncleared check from last payperiod- $125 also a refund credited for a train ticket I did not use- $27, all total a fat $905. So some of the money was once mine but all of that is hitting my savings for "fiance and me'z" moving fund.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger