Thursday, June 28, 2007

I don't have a !#$@#%@#$ paycheck!

So... I'm still not calmed down from this, but in a nutshell... the new supervisor at work that does payroll, mistakenly didn't report my hours for the last 2 weeks. So basically I have been slaving at work for free labor! And we brought it to the "payroll" woman and she said since it is the last day of the fiscal year (as luck would have it), they can not cut me a check until after July 5... something about a quick pay check. Are they smoking crack?! Do they know I am trying to get my personal finances together? This was going to be my first check so I can start my budget! I didn't even cry, I only laughed (and tightened my jaw a bit). Isn't that something... when you are trying to better yourself, the devil tries to find ways to stop your progress!! HA! I'm like Puffy, TAKE THAT! TAKE THAT!!!

Ironically, DHL miscalculated when my Hello Kitty checks were coming and I ended up chasing the USPS truck down for about 2 blocks...

I'm off to eat some pizza, read Smart Women Finish Rich and calling it a night!

6 comments:

Dimples said...

Alright now "Puffy"! LOL

Aww girl the devil is a meanie for sure. He insists on causing disorder where ever he goes. But you can't let him win. So do like Luda and tell him to "Get back, get back, you don't know me like that!"

Talk to your supervisor. If nothing talk to your supervisor's supervisor. Shoot I would talk to Mz Payroll's supervisor. Let them know that you are a hard worker and that you shouldn't have to suffer do to some heffa's (ok don't say heffa) mistake. Rent is due and you needs your money (I don't know if that really applies to you but if it doesn't I'd still say it).

One thing I learned: Always try all possible routes before giving up.

Linda said...

I don't believe it is legal to hold back your paycheck. If they say they cannot cut you another check now, tell them you will take cash, but you need your money.

Wooly Woman said...

Been there- and why does it always happen when one needs the money most??????? I swear sometimes the money universe is totally laughing at me :) Hang in there, July 5 WILL come, and hopefully you can still enjoy all your fabulous weekend activities!

krystalatwork said...

That's happened to me too! They didn't process my paperwork in time, and I was without a pay cheque for almost a whole month!!

Anyway, hopefully they'll get you a cheque sometime this week. They have to realize that you need money to live on!

NIUiceprincess said...

I hope you have gotten it by now!!!

SavingDiva said...

I hope it all worked out!

Powered By Blogger